Before (or instead) of publishing a list of films I want to see, I thought I’d take the brave step of posting a list of names of people I want to meet from the world of film blogging. Since I have press accreditation again, I was able to see the full list of accredited media, so I know the following people will be in Toronto. If you see your name, drop me an email or comment and let’s try to meet up. Your first Hot Docs drink is on me.
- Pamela Cohn (Still in Motion)
- Danielle DiGiacomo (IndiePix/Cinema Eye Honors)
- Ingrid Kopp (Shooting People)
- Karina Longworth (Spout)
- Mark Rabinowitz (The Rabbi Report/Cinelan)
- AJ Schnack (All These Wonderful Things/Kurt Cobain: About a Son)
And here’s a separate list of Toronto-based bloggers and film industry folks (a few of whom I’ve met already) who I’d like to spend some time with:
- Monika Bartyzel (Cinematical)
- Jay Cheel (The Documentary Blog)
- Sean Dwyer (The Documentary Blog/Film Junk)
- Stephen Lan (Stephen Lan International Press Agent)
- Shannon Ridler (Movie Moxie)
- Bob Turnbull (Eternal Sunshine of the Logical Mind)
- Sameer Vasta (BlogTO)
If I’ve left you out, and you’re in town and want to meet up, let me know. This is partially a reaction to my utter failure to connect with anyone from the film community at this year’s SXSW. Here’s hoping I’m a little more socially adventurous on my home turf. Even if I do have that day job to wake up early for.