Wow. When the Toronto After Dark Film Festival decided to move from October to August, I never realized how quickly it would come up again. But even though I’ve been spending most of my time thinking about TIFF lately, I’m still planning to see a bunch of great genre cinema over the next week. Here’s my tentative schedule:
- Friday August 14: 7:00pm: Black Dynamite (Opening Gala)
- Saturday August 15: 3:00pm: The Dark Hour
- Saturday August 15: 5:30pm: Franklyn
- Saturday August 15: 8:15pm: Black
- Sunday August 16: 6:45pm: Dead Snow
- Wednesday August 19: 9:45pm: Rough Cut
All screenings are at the Bloor Cinema (Bathurst subway stop) and individual tickets are usually $10 in advance, $12 at the door. It’s good to see that all the festival VIP passes sold out again this year, so the Bloor should be rocking at every screening with some of the most enthusiastic audiences at any fest I’ve attended.