For the 18th year, I’ll be attending the Toronto International Film Festival. In addition to my usual ten films, I’ve received five rush vouchers for press and industry screenings. I haven’t figured out all of those yet, but I’ll include the ones I’m fairly certain of attending (with an * before the date). And thanks to Colin Geddes, I’m part of the blogging juggernaut over at the official blog for the Vanguard section this year, so he’s come through with some tickets for those films. And once again, special thanks are in order to the geniuses behind Tiffr, an online scheduling tool that becomes more indispensable each year.
- Friday September 7: 6:00pm
The Pervert’s Guide to Ideology (UK, Director: Sophie Fiennes)
- Saturday September 8: 3:15pm
Blancanieves (Spain, Director: Pablo Berger)
- Saturday September 8: 9:00pm
Something in the Air (Après Mai) (France, Director: Olivier Assayas)
- Sunday September 9: 6:45pm
Eat Sleep Die (Äta sova dö) (Sweden, Director: Gabriela Pichler)
- *Wednesday September 12: 7:15pm
The Fifth Season (La cinquième saison) (Belgium, Directors: Peter Brosens and Jessica Woodworth)
- Thursday September 13: 6:00pm
Room 237 (USA, Director: Rodney Ascher)
- *Friday September 14: 6:15pm
The Deflowering of Eva Van End (Netherlands, Director: Michiel ten Horn)
- Friday September 14: 9:45pm
Ginger and Rosa (UK, Director: Sally Potter)
- Saturday September 15: 9:30am
3 (Uruguay, Director: Pablo Stoll)
- Saturday September 15: 2:45pm
Painless (Spain, Director: Juan Carlos Medina)
- Saturday September 15: 5:45pm
Augustine (France, Director: Alice Winocour)
- Saturday September 15: 9:15pm
Sleeper’s Wake (South Africa, Director: Barry Berk)
- Sunday September 17: 9:15am
Lore (Australia, Director: Cate Shortland)
- Sunday September 17: 3:00pm
Yellow (USA, Director: Nick Cassavetes)
Hope to see some of you at the festival!
We have no screenings in common! I will hopefully see you at pub night then. Happy TIFF12, James!
PS. Why are you not seeing Amour? It’s amazing. And catch Frances Ha if you still can too. Adorable.